Saturday, March 14, 2020

Anthony Chabot Regional Campground


Anthony Chabot Campground is nestled among the trees near san jose, California. spanning about 3,000 acres it offers many hiking trails to explore. This hidden gem allows on leash dogs in the campgrounds and on some of the hiking trails. Best of all there is NO pet fee for taking your furry friend with you to enjoy nature. That alone earns this campground a star of approval from Wookiee and I.

The area is seriously gorgeous and even though you are conveniently located a short drive from the city, you will feel like you've entered another world as you walk through the forest. I really hope we can go back some day as we had an absolute blast.If you'd like to learn more you can check out the website: https://www.ebparks.org/parks/anthony_chabot/default.htm
A special thanks to my sister for taking the photos in this blog post.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a magical place. I love it when I find hidden gems that let me take my cute furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's a really nice area! Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great option! I am curious though, is it normal for there to be a pet free associated with camping options in your area? I am up in Ontario, Canada and pets can camp at any of our Ontario Parks with no additional fees associated unless you're renting one of their roofed accommodations where they apply a pet cleaning fee (cabins, yurts, etc.). I never considered a campsite where you're bringing your own tent or trailer applying a fee to your stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, unfortunately a lot of places here charge a fee for camping and another small fee for dogs.

      Delete