Friday, February 21, 2020

Pet Friendly Beaches in Southern California


San Diego county has many options for dog beaches. It's overall a very dog friendly city. A few of the on leash options include Del Mar City Beach,Grand Caribe shoreline park and Bluffs beach in Oceanside. For off leash options check out Coronado Dog Beach or North Beach in Del Mar. Wookiee and I stopped at solana beach many years ago and it was a lovely area. 

LA County is harder to find dog friendly beaches in but if you're already camping in the area or visiting dog friendly sights it's worth the stop for a romp in the sand with your puppy pal. I've never personally been, but I've heard very good things about Rosie's Dog Beach. It offers an off leash area for you and your pooch to enjoy. There's a beach called staircase beach off the PCH which allows on leash dogs on the sand. Huntington Dog Beach is a favorite among Angelenos and offers ample space to kick back or play fetch. I'd avoid Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey if you want to bring your dog along. 




I haven't been to any beaches in Northern California with my dogs, but it is on my bucket list. What about you? Comment below what's on your travel bucket list.

4 comments:

  1. It's great that San Diego has so many dog friendly beaches! I live near the beach and my little guy loves to play in the sand, I forget that a lot of beaches don't allow dogs sometimes x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I think dog friendly beaches are so important, every pooch should get to splash in the sea at least once!
    Amy | sassycatlady.com

    ReplyDelete