Monday, February 3, 2020

Windowsill Garden Update

A few months ago I started a trial of growing on my windowsill. I've always had succulents or flowers growing indoors and veggies in a garden bed outside, but this was my first time trying my hand at bringing the vegetables indoors in containers.

First, what didn't work: Radishes. I do have some radishes growing successfully in a pot outside, but the radishes in plastic water bottles did not work. They grew long leaves and very little root. I don't think I'd attempt it again.

Otherwise I will call my little experiment a success! Here's a few photos of what did work:



Green onion and lettuce















 red leaf kale, a succulent and basil














Mint

1 comment:

  1. Great post I've never tried to grow my own veg before so it's useful to know what worked. I hope they all turn out great x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete